Rest in Peace - Photos Used are Only to Pay Respect to those no longer with us

Friday, April 11, 2008

Homicide #11-Abdikarim Ahmed Abdikarim (Update)

I know I’m late but I’m playing catch up now.
While I was out of the country we lost another young promising black youth to violence. Abdikarim Ahmed Abdikarim was 18 years old, chilling outside with his friends in the Lawrence Heights area when he shot and killed cowardly by someone of course that see’s nothing with taking a life. I remember watching the news and seeing the video of someone just pointing a gun and shooting and said to myself how is this possible? How can someone just go around and shoot at people like this? It really puzzles me.

Well today police stated they now have both suspects responsible for the shooting in custody. Twenty-five year-old Wendell Cuff was arrested March 31 and today Owen Smith (below)was arrested after almost a month of searching for him. The entire shooting was caught on camera, though the images are not clear, cops state Wendell is supposedly the individual running and Owen is the individual shooting. Of course they are both presumed innocent

Again I hate stories like this as it’s another black youth lost and 2 other black men going through the system. There hasn’t been any indication on why this occurred but in the end it’s sad and all I can continue to say and hope is that the violence amongst black youth STOP.